Saturday, April 17, 2010

Story of the Centipede !!

You must have heard the story of the centipede !!


A centipede walks with a hundred legs. A frog, who was a philosopher, saw the centipede; he looked at and watched him and became very troubled. It is s difficult to walk even with four legs, but this centipede was walking with one hundred legs - this was a miracle ! How did the centipede decide which leg to move first, and then which one next and then which one after that ?  An one hundred legs! So the frog stopped the centipede and asked him a  question; " I am a philosopher and I am puzzled by you. A problem has arisen which I can't solve. How do you walk ? How do you manage it at all ? It seems impossible !


The centipede said " I have been walking all my life, but I have not thought about i. Now that you ask, I will think about it and then I will tell you "


Fr the first time thought entered the centipede's consciousness. Really , the frog was right - which leg should be moved first ?  The centipede stood there fora a few minutes, couldn't move, wobbled, and fell down. And he said to the frog " Please don't ask another centipede this question. I have been walking my whole life and it was never a  problem , and now you have killed me completely ! I cannot move. And a hundred legs to move ! How can I manage? "

4 comments:

Arpit said...

kya hi story hai.. :P

achala nupur said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
achala nupur said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yashu Gupta said...

Good one....
-yashu